From the list below choose one of our FAQs to read. If you have a question which is not in this section, please
Placing an order and Payment
You can place an order with Ooh-la-la Beadtique either by email, or right off the web.
We have made every effort to ensure your shopping experience is easy and secure through online payments system. Simply add the item(s) using the "Add To Cart" button. When ready to check out use any of the "Shopping Cart" buttons located on our website. All orders are SSL Encrypted to safeguard your bank card and personal information.
Ooh-la-la Beadtique accepts Visa, Mastercard, Amex, debit card through Paypal. We do not accept checks or money order.
All prices shown are in US Dollars.
The customer is responsible for paying any applicable local taxes and/or import duties.
Shipping and Rates
Ooh-la-la Beadtique currently sells and ships jewelry only to North America (Canada and US), Australia, and Europe.
To ensure safety, we only ship to confirmed PayPal address, meaning your billing address must match the shipping address you provide during Paypal checkout. When we ship to your confirmed address with PayPal, we know we are shipping the items ordered to you, and that someone else didn’t access your PayPal account, and try to place a fraudulent order. Gift Addresses in someone else's name can never be confirmed. If the order you've placed with us is a gift, and you need to ship it to a different address, you must ship it to that address yourself. We suggest that you place your order with us well in advance, so you have plenty of time to receive it from us, and then ship it to a gift address of your choice.
No shipments can be made to APO, FPO and P.O. Box addresses.
All jewelry is shipped Canada Post Service or UPS, within 3-5 business days of receipt of payment. To guarantee quality delivery, free tracking and insurance are included with all shipments. We do not offer local pick up by a shipping agent or third party. We do not ship merchandise until your payment has cleared.
for rates if your country is not listed above, or you are interested in an express delivery. International Customers are responsible for customs taxes and duties where applicable.
Save money on shipping. Buy more then one item. Each additional item ships for free!
Orders within North America (Canada and US) over $100.00 ship for free!
We will be glad to issue you a refund (less shipping) for any item that you are not happy with. To receive a refund, you MUST
Ooh-la-la Beadtique within 7 days of the delivery date of your order to initiate a Return Authorization (RA) Number. Once you receive a (RA), you MUST return the item in its original unused condition (including attached tags) with the Return Authorization clearly marked on the package and a copy of the invoice.
No returns will be accepted without a Return Authorization.
Any jewelry returned damaged will not be accepted. We recommend using the original packing materials and insuring the item. If, however, an item is damaged on route to you, please notify us immediately, and we will exchange the damaged item, or issue a refund.
No refunds on custom orders.
Due to the personal and individual requests on custom orders, all sales are final. Thank you for your cooperation.
Refusal of sale
While it is extremely unlikely to occur, we do reserve the right to refuse a sale for any reason. Should this happen any payment made will of course be refunded as quickly as possible.
Who designs, and makes Ooh-la-la Beadtique jewelry products?
All products sold through Ooh-la-la Beadtique are personally designed and handcrafted by our very own Canadian jewelry artisan Kvetka. Kvetka works with various jewelry making materials, 98% of them are purchased locally in Ontario.
Ooh-la-la Beadtique doesn’t sell mass produced or imported jewelry products. We are proud supporters of Canadian Economy and Industry! And we like to keep it that way.
Why should I buy handmade jewelry instead of mass produced jewelry?
Jewelry can be much more than an accessory to show off. It can have a personal meaning and individual appeal. Mass-produced jewelry is highly advertised because of the large companies that market it. But there are a number of benefits to going with handcrafted jewelry. Here are 5 reasons to go with handmade jewelry over mass-produced jewelry.
- Quality. If you think about it, you honestly have no clue what the quality of mass-produced jewelry is. You are putting your trust into manufacturers that make millions of pieces of jewelry. When you opt for handcrafted jewelry, you know how it is being made and what kinds of materials are going into it. The quality is more assuring and much better than you may find with some pieces of mass-produced jewelry.
- One-of-a-kind. Perhaps the number one reason people go with jewelry that has been handmade is the fact that there is none other like it. The chances of you finding someone else with the same beaded jewelry or necklace or bracelet are rather slim. Whether you create the jewelry or someone else does, it is one of a kind that no one else will have.
- Custom Jewelry. Going along with the fact that it is one-of-a-kind, handcrafted jewelry is completely customizable. You have the power to say what is put into the customer jewelry. You can select the colors, material, style, size and much more. Essentially, you can create the jewelry exactly the way you want it to be.
- Handcrafted by a designer. Mass-produced jewelry does not have the artisan feel like handmade jewelry. Many companies have a machine of some sort that virtually creates and builds the entire piece of jewelry that way hundreds of thousands can be put together quickly. With handcrafted jewelry, the jewelry is put together by a designer or artisan and is much more artistic.
- Value. The overall value of a handcrafted piece of jewelry is priceless – it is made by hand, behind each piece is an artisan who is either self-taught or has gone to design school, thought and design to each jewelry piece, uniqueness and originality of each piece.
Handcrafted jewelry has become quite popular for the reasons stated above. It is simply one-of-a-kind and 100% customizable, which you rarely find with mass-produced jewelry. And handmade jewelry gives you the connection and personal meaning that jewelry is meant for.
Let us know whether or not you prefer jewelry that is handmade, or pieces that are machine-made, or does it matter? We would love to hear your feedback.
Do you take special orders?
Yes. We can accommodate requests for shape, size, color of beads, or type of stones.
us regarding a special order for price variation.
How long does a custom order take?
Once a design is agreed upon, custom orders average from 1 to 4 weeks depending on the quantity of the order, and availability of components. We can give you a better time estimate once you contact us to initiate your order.
Can I return or get refund on a custom order?
Due to the personal and individual requests on custom orders, all sales are final. However, if you receive a size different from ordered, the size will be adjusted at no cost to you.
What if there is a problem with my order?
Contact us by
, or phone and we will do our best to make your order right.
Do you repair any old beaded jewelry?
Unfortunately we don’t repair old beaded jewelry that was not purchased from Ooh-la-la Beadtique. Many handmade jewelry pieces are often constructed from one-of-a-kind components, leaving them impossible to find again. However we do offer a Redesign Service. If customers have broken or unattractive beaded jewelry in their jewelry boxes and want it redesigned we are happy to do so charging for our time and materials. This service results in new piece of jewelry at a fraction of cost of a new retail piece. Feel free to
for more details.
Repair services on products purchased from Ooh-la-la Beadtique are available. For further information please refer to our next FAQ – Free repairs on Ooh- la-la products.
Free repairs on Ooh-la-la Beadtique products.
If your item has minor damage due to wear, or an accident within three years from purchase, please
, and more often than not we will be able to provide you with repairs with no labour costs.
You will only need to pay for postage and possible materials costs.
Note that items which have major damage, particularly to the 'focus' of the piece (eg. a pendant being badly scratched or dented), may not be able to be repaired and you would instead need to consider replacing the item.
with your issues, and we’ll be more than happy to give you an idea of what will be needed to repair your item.
Where are you located?
Ooh-la-la Beadtique is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We specialize in handcrafted original beaded jewelry using the highest quality jewelry components when creating our collection.
Can I find your jewelry in any stores?
Currently, Ooh-la-la Beadtique products are sold from our online store, and at various Ontario festivals and trade shows. To find out about upcoming festivals and tradeshows please visit our Upcoming Shows and Events page, or subscribe to Ooh-la-la Beadtique Mailing list.
What kind of materials, beads and components do you use?
- Gemstone beads – Include beads from various minerals (Quartz, Labradorite, Magnetite etc), rocks ( Lapis Lazuli), and organic matter (Amber). Gemstone beads come in a variety of color, size and shape. To achieve certain look gemstones can undergo a mixture of treatments, cutting, polishing, heat manipulation, radiation, waxing etc.
- Agate - a fine-grained, fibrous variety of chalcedony with colored bands or irregular clouding. Each individual agate forms by filling a cavity in host rock. It is found in concentric layers in a wide variety of colors and textures in various colors, forms that range from being transparent to opaque. It comprises of intricate patterns varieties like: blue lace, green, Indian, Kentucky and moss.
- Tiger's eye - a chatoyant gemstone that is usually a metamorphic rock of a golden to red- brown color, with a silky luster. A member of the quartz group.The gems are usually cut en cabochon in order to best display their chatoyancy. Red stones are brought about through gentle heat treatment.
- Swarovski Crystals - We're proud to feature a range of Swarovski Crystals in or designs. Swarovski Crystals are glass that contains lead which causes the glass to refract light. Swarovski Crystals have sharply defined edges that, combined with the lead content, add to their sparkle. Swarovski Crystals occupy the majority of the worlds market for Crystal beads and are regarded as the highest quality machine cut and polished crystal beads in the world
- Celestial Crystals - Hand-faceted and hand-polished in Orient. Leaded crystals glass which makes each bead extremely reflective, creating a cascade of sparkling colors. Note: Some Crystals have an AB Finish. That means they have a coating that allows the light to play on the beads and sets off other colors. A very beautiful finish.
- Czech Fire Polished Beads - These crystals are machine-faceted, then polished by glazing inside a hot oven. This gives them their beautiful glistening colors and a soft look.
- Glass Beads - There is a vibrant kaleidoscope of colors, shapes, finishes, and types of glass when it comes to glass beads. Some of the glass beads we have used in our collection are Czech, Cats Eye, Druk, and many more. Covering the artistic spectrum from elegant to playful, glass beads are an unbeatable combinations of beauty and value.
- Cats Eye Beads - Glass beads offered in a variety of colors and shapes. The "fiber optic" glass beads reflect light creating a unique "Cats Eye" appearance.
- Lampwork Beads - Artful glass beads handmade one at a time and takes several steps to create just one bead. Each lampwork bead is made by working molten glass rods around a wire or mandrel over an open flame. The bead is shaped, textured, and/or patterns are also added. After each beads has been designed, they are placed in a kiln to harden. Lampwork beads come from all over the world. These beads are very unique and beautiful art in themselves.
- Freshwater Pearls - The pearls used in our designs are Cultured Freshwater Pearls. The unique luster of these pearls can be appreciated in white, mauve, peach and many other vibrant colors.
- Mother of Pearl and Abalone shell beads - While Mother of Pearl beads are found in nature, the highly sought after Abalone shell beads come from a primitive one-shelled mollusk. Abalone Mollusk takes at least eight years to produce the Abalone shell. Abalone beads are very unique, unusually shaped and extremely rare. A grain of sand brings them to you in our beautiful beaded pieces.
- Natural wood beads - We use a wide variety of wooden beads in different shapes, sizes, and finishes. This includes woods like Burr, Oak, Burl, Maple, Waulnut, exotic wood from Philippine like black Ebony, Robles, Bayong, Mahogany, Camagong, Nangka, Coco, Narra, Palmwood, and many others.
- Sterling Silver - Sterling Silver is nearly pure silver. It and contains 92.5% (.925) pure sterling silver alloy and is usually mixed with 7.5% copper which makes it stronger than pure silver. Sterling Silver is of the highest quality.
- Bali Silver - Handcrafted and produced from .925 sterling silver in Indonesian. They are dipped in an antique solution which fills in the grooves and creates a contrast between the high and low points of the item.
- Thai Hill Tribe Silver Beads - 95-99% pure silver. This soft metal is formed into designs by hammering. The tribes located in the hill country of Northern Thailand have produced beautiful handcrafted fine jewelry for centuries
- Tibetan Silver Beads - contain thirty percent of silver and seventy percent of copper. As Tibetan silver beads contain other metals, the hardness is higher than sterling silver, and can be craved patterns on them, even some complicated patterns.
- Silver Plated -Silver plated refers to jewelry or components in which a layer of sterling silver has been applied to the surface of a base metal.
- Antiqued Silver/Gold Pewter - Pewter beads are metal beads that have been Silver or Gold plated and then antiqued. They come in a wide variety of shapes and designs. They had a great touch to any piece. Please note: Pewter may contain lead and it may not be suitable for children. It is possible that cast metal beads, although made without lead, can contain enough trace amounts to require the lead warning. Our suppliers have been assured by the companies that produce these cast metal beads they are safe to use in jewelry designs and safe to wear
- Gold Plated -"Gold Plated" refers to jewelry or components in which a layer of at least 10k gold has been applied to the surface of a base metal.
Why does my order look different than your product listing?
Many Ooh-la-la Beadtique handmade products are crafted using natural components such as semiprecious stones, freshwater pearls, and wood. No two materials in nature are alike. The handmade product that you will receive may slightly vary in shade and texture pattern from the picture listing.
Also note that all monitors and computer screens are calibrated differently. The same product may appear in diverse colors on different monitors.
How do I care for my beaded jewelry?
Beaded jewelry is too beautiful to allow it to be damaged. Caring for your new jewelry pieces is very important. Below are several helpful tips to help keep your beaded jewelry beautiful for years.
- Jewelry should only be put on after washing and applying any makeup, hair spray, gels, lotions or perfume.
- Protect any jewelry from harsh chemicals, extreme temperatures and sunlight.
- You should not wear beaded jewelry while doing household or outdoor chores.
- You should never wear any jewelry when swimming or showering. The chlorine can cause damage to various gemstones and gold.
- Store your jewelry separately so it doesn't scratch other jewelry. Plastic bags or cloth dust bags are wonderful for protecting jewelry pieces.
- Always store your beaded necklaces or bracelets flat.
- Keep your jewelry in a clean, and dry place.
- What personally identifiable information Ooh-la-la Beadtique collects.
- What personally identifiable information third parties collect through the web site.
- What organization collects the information.
- How Ooh-la-la Beadtique uses the information.
- With whom Ooh-la-la Beadtique share user information.
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under the control of Ooh-la-la Beadtique.
- How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should contact Ooh-la-la Beadtique at
Ooh-la-la Beadtique is the sole owner of the information collected on our site. Ooh-la-la Beadtique collects and monitors information from our users at several different points on our web site.
In order to use the services offered on our web site, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to disclose contact information (such as name, mailing address, and email address). If offered, it is optional for the user to disclose additional information (such as preferred types of jewelry products, and information on how did you find Ooh-la-la Beadtique). We do encourage full disclosure of these details in order for Ooh-la-la Beadtique to provide a more customized experience on our site.
While Ooh-la-la Beadtique exercises all due caution to protect your privacy, Ooh-la-la Beadtique will not be held responsible for parties who attempt to illegally access our web site and intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Information Use - "Profiles"
Ooh-la-la Beadtique stores information collected through cookies, log files and/or third interests in your user profile. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users detailing specific viewing preferences. Subsequently, this collected information is linked to users’ personally identifiable information, which provides directs pertinent marketing promotions to you and helps us improve site content for the user. Ooh-la-la Beadtique does not share your profile with other third parties, unless specifically mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
Like most standard web site servers we may use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, site administer, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Though we exercise all due caution to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site. This includes, but is not limited to, any defense to any claim in which Ooh-la-la Beadtique is a defendant, to assist in any investigations by law enforcement agencies, or violations of any Ooh-la-la Beadtique policy.
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
While Ooh-la-la Beadtique will not rent, sell or share your information in general, there are certain instances when your information may be used. Ooh-la-la Beadtique does share aggregated demographic information and in some cases your e-mail address with others. This is how your information will be shared:
If Ooh-la-la Beadtique merges with another company, this aggregate information will be shared with the merging company. These are the instances in which we will share users’ personal information: As agreed to at the various sections under Ooh-la-la Beadtique; Ooh-la-la Beadtique does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Business Transitions: In the event Ooh-la-la Beadtique goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via e-mail, as well as with a prominent notice on our Web site for at least 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Ooh-la-la Beadtique, are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites other than our own. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site. Ooh-la-la Beadtique may have co-branding and/or framing relations with other companies. In this case, you should be familiar with the privacy policies of both companies, since you may be subject to each of them.
Contacting Ooh-la-la Beadtique: If you have questions or concerns about the Ooh-la-la Beadtique guidelines, policies, procedures, you can contact us at
Security: Notification of Changes
Ooh-la-la Beadtique and its affiliates maintain professional standards and have a high quality of respect to our members as well as our guest and affiliates.
How can I contact you?
Your questions and inquiries are very important to us. It is our foremost priority to provide you with any type of assistance you may need. Feel free to email us anytime at
. For further information how to get in touch with us, please refer to our Contact page.
Jewelry product images and text
This work (see below) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
Product listings of jewelry pieces which are for sale via this website, including images and related text, are licensed under the above Creative Commons license.
Unless specified otherwise all other content is all rights reserved (including design elements, code and CSS for this website) - see below for further information.
For items covered by the Creative Commons license, attribution must be prominently displayed on the page where the images or text covered by this license appears.
There must be the following link included as part of the attribution (including the text):
<a href="http://www.oohlalabeadtique.com" title="Handmade beaded jewelry and accessories by Kvetka">Handmade beaded jewelry and accessories by Kvetka</a>
<a href="http://www.oohlalabeadtique.com" title="Handmade beaded jewellery and accessories by Kvetka">Handmade beaded jewellery and accessories by Kvetka</a>
There must also be a copyright notice accompanying any image or text used: © Ooh-la-la Beadtique
As per this license, derivative works are not permitted. Using one of our images as a design element such as a background in your website or MySpace page is a derivative work.
Creating collages on a site such as Polyvore which are intended to be standalone artworks rather than promoting items for sale are also derivative works.
If you do this, you are breaching this license and are leaving yourself open to prosecution.
All other images, text, etc.
Unless otherwise stated (see above for exceptions), all material including without limitation all text, images, sound, digitally stored information, code, website design elements, programs or data comprised in or appearing on this web site is protected under the Copyright Act 1985 (Canada) and by International Copyright Legal Conventions and all rights are reserved unless otherwise specified.
No material comprised in or appearing on this web site may be reproduced, re-transmitted, broadcast or adapted without permission from Ooh-la-la Beadtique or the relevant copyright owner in the case where Ooh-la-la Beadtique does not own copyright.
Any unauthorized use of the material comprised in or appearing on this web site is unlawful and can result in civil or criminal liability and penalties.
What this copyright notice applies to
This copyright notice applies to this website, including any sub-domains. It also applies to any of our images taken from other sources, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Hotlinking (aka bandwidth theft)
Please don't do this! Even if you can use an element on this site in accordance with the above licensing information, you do not have my permission to steal our bandwidth by creating an inline link to the image on this website in order to display it on your own.
If hotlinking occurs, we reserve the right to change the image to something very offensive!