How to Market Your Handmade Jewelry Locally! Sell More Jewelry!
Written by Ooh-la-la Beadtique
Friday, August 10 2012 3:42 pm
Sometimes we make jewelry marketing far too complicated. There are so many simple ways to market your jewelry right in your own home town without spending aloof of time or a money. If you're serious about increasing your jewelry sales, give some of these simple marketing techniques a try:
- Wear your jewelry everywhere you go. You probably interact with jewelry lovers every day of your life as you carry out your daily activities. What woman doesn't like jewelry to some extent? Highlight the beauty of your jewelry by wearing it with a simple, plain colored top so your necklace becomes the focal point. When someone compliments your jewelry design, be prepared to give them further information.
- Carry business cards with you everywhere you go. Post your card on bulletin boards, put them in fishbowls at restaurants, leave them on restaurant tables with your tip. Give one to your dentist, hairdresser, tailor, and anyone else you may come in contact with on a daily basis. It's a low key way to network.
- Invest in a car sign to advertise your business when you drive around during the day. This is one of the best investments you can make in terms of time and money. Be sure to include your website address in big bold letters on your sign.
- Be friendly and approachable. You'll establish many more contacts for your jewelry line this way, plus you'll make more friends!
- Donate a piece of your handmade jewelry to a charity auction. This is a great way to get you name out in the community as a jewelry designer. Plus, you're helping a good cause at the same time.
- Learn everything you can about your customers. How old are they? What do they wear? Where do they live? Study their habits, wants, and needs. This will allow you to better optimize your sales material, flyers, and your jewelry designs to meet their particular needs.
- Be active in your community by volunteering a few hours a week. This is a great way to make new contacts while establishing a reputation for giving back to your community.
- Join your local Chamber of Commerce and attend meetings when possible. You local chamber can provide you with so many opportunities for networking. This is one group you definitely want to be a part of if you're serious about marketing your jewelry designs.
- Visit local retail stores to see if they might be good markets for your jewelry. Keep an open mind. The markets for handmade jewelry extend far beyond the standard boutique and gallery. Consider hair salons, spas, nail salons, hospital gift shops, shoe stores, and other small businesses to be potential markets.
- Market to local groups of which you're already a member. Do you belong to a church? Could you use your jewelry to help your church raise much needed funds? Offer to have a small church jewelry show and give the church a percentage of your profits.
- Network with your local bead store. They may want you to do custom designs for their customers. You could also teach classes or give a trunk show of your designs at their store.
- Offer to do trunk shows at local boutiques and galleries in your area. Many smaller boutiques and galleries would love to have the opportunity to present your jewelry designs to their customers at no risk to them. Retail stores love the publicity that special events create! 13. Write a press release about your jewelry designs and submit it your local newspapers and magazines. This can bring in a ton of business very quickly.
Hopefully, these ideas will get you started thinking about how you can best spread market your handmade jewelry in your local community.